Wayne Gretzky Autographed and Inscribed 2010 Torchbearer" 2010 Olympics Wooden Torch Box with BIRKS Replica Olympic Torch - Limited to 9"
After traveling the globe for 106 days, the 2010 Olympic Torch made its way into Vancouver’s BC Place Stadium on February 12, 2010. Nearly 12,000 torchbearers carried the torch along the route. Five Canadian athletes including hockey icon Wayne Gretzky were secretly selected to light the indoor Olympic Cauldron. Gretzky then left BC Place on his way to Coal Harbour where he lit the outdoor cauldron. Wayne Gretzky is the first and only person to light two official Olympic Cauldrons during the same Olympic Games. Leading North American luxury brand BIRKS was selected by the VANOC (Vancouver Organizing Committee) to produce a limited edition replica torch. The final torchbearer, Wayne Gretzky has signed and inscribed “2010 Torchbearer” the outer Canadian Alder wood box in black paint pen. This inscribed 2010 Olympic Torch Replica Box is a limited edition of 9. Gretzky’s signature was witnessed under UDA’s Five-Step Authentication Process.
Vancouver 2010 Olympic Torch Replica Facts:
- Contemporary box made of Canadian Alder wood and crafted in British
- Map and story of the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Torch Relay
- Serialized Certificate of Authenticity
- Hidden Hinges and magnets ensuring a discreet and secure closure
- Dimensions: 16.5 x 5.75 x 2.25 inches
- Torch height: 12.5 inches / 31 centimetres
- Torch base height .85 inches / 2.2 centimetres